Statement of Faith
The Board and faculty of The Classical Academy agree with the following Statement of Faith:
The Character of God
The Character of God
- God is One, and God is Sovereign. (Deuteronomy 6:4, 2 Kings 19:15)
- God exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
- By His own pleasure, God created, sustains, and rules all things. All creation exists for and attests to His glory. (Revelation 4:11)
- Man is created in God's image. (Genesis 1:27)
- However, all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. The wages of that sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was born of the Virgin Mary, led a sinless life, died on the cross for man's sins, rose again from the dead, ascended to the right hand of God the Father, and will come again to judge the living and the dead. (Luke 1:34-35, John 3:16, Mark 16:19, Philippians 2:9-11)
- Men are saved by God's grace alone, through Faith alone, in Christ alone. (John 6:44, Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Nevertheless, faith without works is dead. (James 2:17)
- The Holy Spirit indwells the believer, convicting him of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and leading him into truth. (John 16:7-15, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
- Both Christ and The Spirit also ever intercede for the believer before the Father. (John 17:20, Romans 8:26-34, Hebrews 7:24-25)
- The knowledge of God comes by way of His own revelation, and no other way. (Galatians 1:8-9)
- God's Word is inspired, totally true, and trustworthy. It is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and training in righteousness, that God's people may be adequate and equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10.)
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.) We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accordance with Scripture nor the doctrines of The Classical Academy.
Summary: We believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth. We believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son our Lord. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried; on the third day He rose from the dead, and ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of God the Father. From where He shall come to judge the quick and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.